Bath Comedy Festival Returns
After two long years of dealing with the pandemic stopping play – the Bath Comedy Festival is back with a bang this year running from March 27th – April 21st 2022
With hundreds of comedians performing at over a dozen venues across Bath, the welcome return of Bath Comedy Festival will have The City of Bath roaring with laughter this Spring over 26 days. The city is playing host to some of the biggest names in comedy including Josh Widdicombe, Henning Wehn, Sarah Millican, Russell Kane, The Guilty Feminist, Jess Robinson, Ed Gamble, Jasper Carrot and Sandi Toksvig.
You can choose from a huge range of venues big and small that span the city including Bath Forum – Main House, Ballroom and Coffee House, Revolution Bath, The Saracen’s Head, Widcombe Social Club, The Bell, Komedia, Rondo Theatre, The Raven and Walcot House.
- 1st April – April Fools Gala starring Russell Kane, Jess Robinson, Silky, Les Bubb and John Moloney at Bath Forum
- 3rd April – Top immersive experience The Wine Arts Trail (T.W.A.T.), accompanied by ‘Absolutely Fabulous’ guest clippie, Helen Lederer – this event is always a sell-out
- 6th and 7th April – Sarah Millican packs Bath Forum for two consecutive nights
- 8th and 15th April – Friday Night Line-ups featuring top circuit comedians, at Bath Comedy Club: Wharfside, a.k.a. Widcombe Social Club
- 9th April – Henning Wehn brings his new tour show “It’ll All Come Out In The Wash” to Bath Forum
- 12th April – Screening of ‘Ian Cognito: A Life And Death On Stage’, the much-lauded documentary tribute to one of the most extraordinary, now legendary live comedy performers
- 14th April – Josh Widdicombe headline event at Bath Forum
- Affordable Festival centred on The Forum Coffee House, The Saracen’s Head and The Raven, with many “pay what you feel” events featuring works in progress from established performers as well as first solo outings from the stars of tomorrow
- Rondo Theatre features a varied programme including a solo performance of ‘Warhol: Bullet Karma’ by celebrated actor Garry Roost (2nd April), and a rollercoaster mixture of dialogue, music and audience interaction from The Rev Dr Clive Thomas Jackson, singer of Doctor and the Medics (9th April)
- New venue The Saracen’s Head plays host to a brand new late night show “Live & Late”, each Friday throughout the Festival
- Bath Comedy Club: Revolution – Revolution Bath hosts all 12 New Act Competition heats.
- 18th April – Walcot House hosts the Bath Comedy Festival New Act Competition Final which always finds a new star in the making
“This is some comeback for the Festival and we have our best line-up yet. With household names like Henning Wehn, Sarah Millican and Josh Widdicombe alongside a plethora of up-and-coming talent, there is something to suit everyone’s tastes. And something for everyone’s budget too – our Affordable Festival is back offering dozens of ‘pay what you feel’ events, meaning having a laugh is accessible for everyone. We’re also launching a new late show ‘Live & Late’ which will feature a wide variety of comedians and a party atmosphere – the place to hang out with performers and organisers alike. Bath Comedy Festival has grown in scale year on year, and Bath is now widely recognised as a centre for comedy and a key date on the annual comedy calendar. We’re back with a vengeance and can’t wait to welcome Bath’s residents and visitors for another year of laughter.”Festival Director Nick Steel
For more information please see: www.bathcomedy.com
Follow BCF on
Use the hashtag: #LaughInBath