We’re delighted to be the Media Partner for The Bath Half Marathon, and Steve will be at the event on the day talking to the event organisers, and those taking part.
The event aims to raise a huge £30 million pounds raised for charity and takes place right in the heart of the World Heritage City of Bath.
Our very own Simon McNeill-Ritchie has taken up the challenge to raise money for Radio Bath and he would LOVE your support.
Every penny donated will be appreciated by Radio Bath and will further contribute to our fund raising and charitable aims.
- to give a voice to our many local communities, and in particular under-represented and under-served individuals or groups in the city and the surrounding areas;
- to provide a local voluntary radio station as a training and recreational facility for individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances;
- to promote racial harmony by promoting knowledge and understanding of the diversity of heritage, history and cultures within the community;
- to advance public health and prevent or relieve sickness through the promotion of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and the importance of maintaining good personal mental and physical health;
- to advance education, in particular but not exclusively in vocational education and training in audio and general broadcasting skills.
In addition, the founders have committed to distributing any surpluses to local charities and good causes.
Thank you, and good luck to everyone taking part!