Green Man Festival at Bradford on Avon!
Connect with Bradford on Avon’s ancient past, participate in mystical dance rituals, and discover strange and wonderful creatures at the Green Man Festival on Saturday 13th of May.
Visitors are encouraged to wear green and participate in a range of peculiar and entertaining festival activities, which is celebrating its sixth annual event. Guests can see Jack and Jill in the Green awaken from their year-long slumber and parade through town with their bands and a variety of bizarre mythical creatures. There will also be a variety of Pagan and artisan craft stalls and around 36 dance groups performing throughout the festival.
The approximate schedule for the day is as follows:
- 9.30am – help us Wake Jack at the Tithe Barn.
- 10.30am – Jack and his partner Jill in the Green make their grand entrance into Lamb Yard with their bands, weird beasts and wild dancers.
- 10am til 3pm – 300+ dancers performing at various locations around the town, live lunch time music in town centre pubs, buskers playing in smaller pubs and cafes, and our Pagan and makers’ markets. We are bringing back the children’s fun fair and free all day folk and classical concerts.
- 2pm – the very popular Kaboozle samba band starts playing at the Tithe Barn.
- 3.30pm – closing parade at the Tithe Barn and the ever popular ritual stripping of Jack to herald in the Summer.
- 8.30pm – Join our evening barn dance to finish the day.
The Green Man festival will be fun for all the family so don’t miss out!
For more information on events and more, visit the Green Man Festival website.